URI Provides Professional Development that prepares a certified teacher to deliver the Cyber Security Fundamentals course.
- The PD makes no assumptions about the background of the teacher, except that they are willing to learn.
- The PD includes all curricular materials necessary to teach the course.
- The PD requires that teachers enroll in URI's CSC592 course for 4 Grad credits (Summer In-state Grad credit rate is $303/credit).
- The CSC592 summer course registration link is up on URI's ECampus website. If you already have an ecampus username then you should be able to enroll login to ecampus and enroll in the course.
- If you do not have an ecampus username, you can start the registration process here: http://web.uri.edu/summer/registration/
- URI Supports an on-going Community of Practice with URI staff and all teachers teaching this course. The CoP provides an online forum, a phone/online teacher help line, and site visits/in-person help.
You must register for both the CSC592 class AND the PD training.
The next registration period will open in Spring 2018.
2017/18 PD Schedule:
URI offers one PD training for the 2017-18 school year. It is comprised of two in-person workshops and some additional online training. Those doing this PD must attend all sessions in this schedule.
|Cyber Security Fundamentals Kickoff Meeting
||Tues May 16, 2017
||4pm - 6pm
|Cyber Security Fundamentals Course Material
||May 22 - July 28
||Approximately 40 hrs
||Online on your own
|Cyber Security Fundamentals Workshop
||Mon Aug 21, 2017
||8am - 12pm
*Meeting dates/times are subject to change - please check this page for updates.