URI Provides Professional Development that prepares a certified teacher to incorporate Inclusive Teaching in CS practices in a computer science classroom.
- The PD makes no assumptions about the background of the teacher, except that they are are willing to learn.
- The PD is targeted to middle and high school CS teachers, other educators may inquire about about participating.
- A stipend of $1000 from a federal grant will be provided by URI to each educator who completes all PD training requirements. This is while funds last - we recommend attending the November training if possible.
- The cost of PD is $500 per participant paid to URI by the school/District/teacher (the training cost is not covered by the federal grant, just the teacher stipend is covered due to the nature of the grant funding).
- Seats are limiited and PD sessions will be closed when the maximum is reached.
2020/21 PD Schedule:
URI is offering three seperate sections of this PD training for the 2020-21 school year. Each is comprised of a six week online course.
|[FULL] Inclusive Teaching in CS - Section 1
||Sept 21 - Oct 30, 2020||Asynchronous
|[FULL] Inclusive Teaching in CS - Section 2
||Nov 1 - Dec 15, 2020
|[Available!] Inclusive Teaching in CS - Section 3
||Jan 15 - Feb 28, 2021
Meeting dates/times are subject to change - please check this page for updates.